LENSWOOD turns 100 in 2017.
What do you know about the start of Lenswood?
June 5, 1917
“The eastern portion of the Forest Range district has long been inconvenienced by lack of postal facilities. Some residents were situated from two to four miles from the office, and as the bulk of mail business went to that part it was felt that some means should be found to overcome the difficulty. A strong committee has induced the Federal Government to establish a new office under the name of Lenswood.”
LENSWOOD POST OFFICE. (1917, June 5).Daily Herald (Adelaide, SA : 1910 – 1924), , p. 7. Retrieved May 2, 2016, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article105409835
Do our survey about what we should include in a booklet about Lenswood’s 100 years. Click here to complete.
Lenswood Centenary Picnic
October 15 2017 at Lenswood Memorial Park.
more info will be posted at the Lenswood centenary facebook page
Next meeting – CLICK HERE for details
We meet on the first Thursday of each month (except January) – all welcome.
- Chair: Peter Stafford
- Secretary: Jo Shaw
- Treasurer: Susette Peterson
- General committee members:
Evelyn Hay | Gloria Green | Kym Green
Peter Stafford | Kay Stafford | Irene Filsell
Margaret Fry | Chris Stafford | Adrian Probert
Minutes and constitution – CLICK HERE
Membership fees are due at 30 June.
Our ordinary membership fee is just $20.
That fee will ensure your membership to 30 June 2017.
There are three types of Members:
- Ordinary membership – open to persons sixteen years of age; may be an individual or family = 1 vote at meetings
- Life Membership – available to ordinary members who pay, at one time, the equivalent of ten years ordinary membership
- We have another special type of membership which can only be conferred – Honorary Life Membership
We offer a number of ways to pay membership:
EFT direct payment into our bank account – from your online banking use:
- BSB 015310
- Account number 192598771 and name The Forest Range and Lenswood History Group Inc.
- Please enter as much of your name as will fit in the reference field (ie GREEN DANIEL).
- Please record the lodgement number and receipt number.
- Email our Treasurer advising your name, address and phone, along with the lodgement and receipt numbers of your payment – email@example.com
Cheque payment Click here to download the membership form to complete (if posting a cheque)
- Post to The Treasurer, Forest Range and Lenswood History Group Inc, PO Box 154, Forest Range, SA 5139.
- Include a cheque made out to The Forest Range and Lenswood History Group Inc.
- Include your name, address, phone and email details
Follow the link to become our Facebook friend
Remember to “like” us on Facebook. Just click below.