LENSWOOD is now 100 years old

June 5, 1917

“The eastern portion of the Forest Range district has long been inconvenienced by lack of postal facilities. Some residents were situated from two to four miles from the office, and as the bulk of mail business went to that part it was felt that some means should be found to overcome the difficulty. A strong committee has induced the Federal Government to establish a new office under the name of Lenswood.”

LENSWOOD POST OFFICE. (1917, June 5).  Daily Herald (Adelaide, SA : 1910 – 1924), , p. 7. Retrieved May 2, 2016, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article105409835

Click here for an overview of why Lenswood came to be.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Lenswood Centenary Picnic was held October 15 2017 at Lenswood Memorial Park.

View photos posted on the Lenswood centenary facebook page