ANZAC DAY – Anzac services are held each year at 10 am at Lobethal Road Forest Range.
Over the years a number of Festivals (Apple & Pear, Harvest, etc) have been held. Below are links to videos of three of those festivals. Click on the links to go back to memories of your childhood, or even your parents/grandparents.
Lenswood Apple & Pear Festival 1963 – click here
Lenswood Apple and Pear Festival 1965 – click here
Lenswood Harvest Festival 1993 – click here
Our Anzac 2015 project was our first service. The project comprised:
- Remedial work on the WWI memorial and surrounds including removal of trees
- Commemoration event at the site on Anzac Day 2015
- Mounting a display and morning tea at the school Anzac Day 2015
- Research and record details of each of the men who died; their lives, their families and their war service
View our ANZAC SITE to review brief details on each of the men and to access photos from the day. You may also download a copy of our book, The Forgotten Monument, from this page. This site also has details of our other services.
Over 250 former members and friends gathered in October 2014 at the Lenswood Memorial Park to share memories of their Rural Youth days.
- Go to http://ruralyouthlfr.wordpress.com/ to
- see more about this reunion
- review photos from the day or
- download a copy of the booklet
- Share your memories, photos – email History Group
Held Sunday 13 October 2013 at Lenswood Primary School
Focus: 100 years of the Mission Hall
Family reunions: Schultz and Plummer
Held Saturday 13 October 2012 at Lenswood Memorial Park
Focus: Our history : kickoff
Family reunions: Plummer